1 c. Chopped pecans, toasted
½ c. Hard Truth Maple Bourbon Cream
½ c. Unsalted butter, softened
16 oz. Confectioner’s sugar (approx. 3½-4 c.)
18 oz. Semisweet chocolate (approx. 3 c.)
3 Tbs. Shortening or coconut oil
30 toasted Pecan halves
- Combine chopped pecans and Hard Truth Maple Bourbon Cream in a small bowl. Cover, and let sit at room temperature for at least one hour or overnight.
- Line baking sheet with parchment or waxed paper. Set aside.
- Cream butter with electric mixer, and gradually add powdered sugar until fully combined.
- Add pre-soaked pecans, and mix until fully combined. The resulting mixture should have a dough-like consistency. If it is too liquid, add more sugar. If it is too thick, add more Hard Truth Maple Bourbon cream.
- Use a melon-baller or teaspoon measure to form balls that are slightly larger than one inch in diameter, then place on prepared baking sheet.
- Refrigerate or freeze balls until firm, at least one hour.
- Once the balls are ready, begin preparing chocolate coating by melting chips and shortening together over low heat in a heavy-bottomed sauce-pan or double boiler, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth.
- Using a toothpick, dip balls into chocolate mixture one at a time. Ensure that each one is fully coated before returning to the baking sheet, then immediately top with a pecan to cover the toothpick hole.
- When all are covered, return sheet to refrigerator to set the chocolate.
- Once the chocolate is set, they’re ready to serve. Enjoy!
*To toast pecans, bake pecan halves for 5-10 minutes in oven preheated to 350°F. Start checking in on them frequently at around 5-7 minutes as the pecans burn easily.