HARD TRUTH HORCHATA
1¼ c. Long grain white rice, dry and uncooked
½ c. Sliced almonds
2 Cinnamon sticks
3 c. Water
Granulated sugar, to taste (up to ½ c.)
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
2 c. Hard Truth Maple Bourbon Cream
Hard Truth Cinnamon Vodka, chilled
Nutmeg, to garnish
1. Add rice, almonds and cinnamon sticks to a blender, and blend about 60 seconds on high or until finely pulverized.
2. Pour in 2 c. of water with sugar and vanilla. Blend an additional 30 seconds, then add remaining 1 c. water and maple bourbon cream.
3. Cover, and chill 8-12 hours.
4. Once chilled, strain mixture through a fine mesh sieve into a pitcher*.
5. To serve, add 2 oz. chilled Hard Truth Cinnamon Vodka and 4 oz. horchata blend to an ice-filled collins glass, and dust with nutmeg to garnish.
*Mixture can be stored in a refrigerator for up to three days.