CINNAMON VODKA HORCHATA
1½ oz. Hard Truth Cinnamon Vodka
1 oz. Hard Truth Toasted Coconut Rum Cream
4 oz. Horchata*
2 slices Jalapeño
Cinnamon and cinnamon stick, to garnish
1. Add vodka, rum cream, horchata, and jalapeños to an ice-filled collins glass.
2. Dust with ground cinnamon across the top and place a cinnamon stick in drink to garnish. Serve.
This has been modified from a standard horchata recipe with cocktailing specifically in mind.
1¼ c. Long grain white rice, dry and uncooked
½ c. Sliced almonds
2 Cinnamon sticks
3 c. water
½ c. Granulated sugar — or more, to taste
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
2 c. Whole milk
1. Add rice, almonds and cinnamon sticks to a blender, and blend about 60 seconds on high or until finely pulverized.
2. Pour in 2 c. of water with sugar, and vanilla. Blend an additional 30 seconds, then add remaining 1 c. water and milk.
3. Cover, and chill 8-12 hours.
4. Once chilled, strain mixture through a fine mesh sieve into a pitcher to serve. Store refrigerated in a sealed container for up to five days.