Today’s recipe was created by Big Woods Restaurant Group’s Coroporate Mixologist, Taylor Jacks. Here’s his story:
Banana pudding is such a nostalgic dish for me, bringing me back to simpler times. Playing outside as a kid and coming in to chilled banana pudding — nothing better.
This cocktail brings back that same nostalgia.
I’d forgotten how much I love banana pudding prior to tasting this. It encapsulates all of those senses and Hard Truth Toasted Coconut Rum is a perfect complement for a slight flair.
Banana Pudding Meringue
By Taylor Jacks
2 oz. Hard Truth Toasted Coconut Rum
½ oz. Crème de banana liqueur
½ oz. Lemon juice
¼ oz. Vanilla simple syrup*
1 Egg white, or 1 oz. liquid egg whites
Nilla Wafer powder, to garnish
- Crush two Nilla Wafers into a powder. Dampen rim of martini glass and coat with wafer powder.
- Add one egg white, or 1 oz. liquid egg whites, then lemon juice to bar shaker. Cover and shake for 12 seconds.
- Uncover and add Hard Truth Toasted Coconut Rum, crème de banana liqueur, and vanilla simple syrup to egg white froth.
- Add ice, cover, and shake for an additional 16 seconds.
- Single strain into wafer-rimmed martini glass. Enjoy!
* To make vanilla simple syrup, heat 1 c. granulated sugar and 1 c. water until sugar dissolves. Stir in vanilla. Allow to cool before use and store in a glass, lidded container.